Five minutes passed quickly, there's nothing to shake it about. It can take five minutes to wonder why you still have to make several calls, plan your birthday party, and promise your neighbor to feed your cat. At the same time you can also call the boss and decide to arrange the hairdresser appointment tomorrow. For the birthday planning, it is enough for now to find an appointment and to send invitations. And sometimes the kids can take care of the cat. These can be the first steps to a work-life balance.
Time management as an important factor
Effective time management means separating the important from the unimportant, splitting up large tasks into smaller sections and, if possible, delegating tasks to others, ie delegating tasks. When looking at the full to-do list, this is not always easy. But once you have tried this method, many points can be ticked off in no time at all.
By systematically and disciplinedly planning the time and focusing on the essential, one can gain valuable lessons for oneself and one's family. You can actually save time by concentrating fully on your work and avoiding interruptions (so be sure to lock the door and turn off the phone).
Unpleasant tasks first
No matter what activity, whether the phone call with the old girlfriend or the apartment cleaning, you should always set a time limit before and this comply. Even unpleasant tasks should always be done immediately.
By postponing, they pile up rather and you always have the unpleasant thought in mind, that you still cancel the theater night with the mother and the girlfriend must confess the red wine stain in the borrowed dress. Call immediately and bring it behind you. Not only will your conscience be relieved, you will also have your head free for other things.
12 tips for an optimal work-life balance
- Stress is completely normal. As long as it lasts only short periods, for example in an emergency or an exceptionally busy working day. After that, however, recovery must follow, which you should consciously take. Constant stress, however, makes you ill and leads to physical and emotional exhaustion.
- Keep order. Tidying up the apartment every day for five minutes is easier than standing in front of the complete mess on the weekend. A clean, empty desk helps to work more effectively and concentrated.
- Take regular breaks in the fresh air. Open the window several times for five minutes, look at nature and take a deep breath. Take a little walk at lunchtime instead of shoveling instant noodles in front of the PC.
- Eat consciously and without stress. A good conversation by the way seems more relaxing than watching TV or reading a newspaper.
- Even if it is difficult after a hard day: move. A light endurance after work clears the head, relieves tension and releases happiness hormones.
- Make appointments with yourself where you do things that you enjoy (for example, reading a good book, taking a relaxing bath or looking at old photos).
- Do not neglect your friends. Instead of postponing the cocktail evening due to lack of time and tiredness, make an appointment from 8 pm to 10 pm from the outset. So you come home early and still had a nice evening.
- Divide your life into four areas: work, body / health, contacts, purpose / self-realization. Schedule each week how much time you want to devote to each area and keep it that way.
- Delegate. Trust your partner to occasionally cook the food. Let the children help in the household. Whoever wants to do everything himself, for fear that others might do it wrong, only cuts himself into his own flesh.
- Find a new job. If only the work determines her life and she falls exhausted into bed every night, you are considering a change of job. If you are satisfied with your employer, you could also negotiate another position where you have less responsibility but more quality of life.
- Reflect the current situation from time to time to reorient your life.
- With a smile much easier.