Syrup and walnut cookies
Cookie baking is just as much a part of Advent and Christmas as visiting the Christmas market or decorating the Christmas tree. After Christmas, however, the consumption of many cookies usually makes an ugly impression when the pants pinch or the top no longer fits properly. Because many Christmas cookies contain too much butter or sugar. Here are some recipes for cookies that you can enjoy without a guilty conscience.
Ingredients for 45 pieces
- 100 g light sugar syrup
- 50 g of sugar
- 100 g of walnuts
- 8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 300 g of flour
- 1/2 coated tsp baking powder
- 4 teaspoons gingerbread spice
- 3-4 tablespoons of sea buckthorn fruit sauce (with honey, health food)
- 100 g dark chocolate couverture
POINTS® value: 2 per piece
1. Put the syrup and sugar in a saucepan and stir gently while stirring to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Finely grind 50g of walnuts in an electric crusher. Mix flour with baking powder and gingerbread spice. Add syrup pulp, oil, walnuts and sea buckthorn fruit sauce. Chop everything with a knife to make dry crumbs, then quickly knead everything by hand into a smooth dough. Roll out the dough between baking paper approx. 3-4 mm thick. Cut out stars and round cookies (about 4 cm in diameter). Place on baking sheets lined with baking paper. Bake in the preheated oven at 200 ° C (gas: stage 3, circulating air: 180 ° C) on the middle rack for about 8 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
3. Chop remaining walnuts and roast fat in a small pan. Pour on a plate. Cut the couverture into small pieces, place in a bowl and melt on a hot water bath. Drizzle the cookies with the couverture and decorate with the walnuts.
Preparation time: approx. 1 hour Baking time: approx. 8 minutes