Apple and pear studs
Cookie baking is just as much a part of Advent and Christmas as visiting the Christmas market or decorating the Christmas tree. After Christmas, however, the consumption of many cookies usually makes an ugly impression when the pants pinch or the top no longer fits properly. Because many Christmas cookies contain too much butter or sugar. Here are some recipes for cookies that you can enjoy without a guilty conscience.
Ingredients for 20 slices:
- 125 g of dried pears
- 4 tablespoons apple juice (health food store)
- 1/2 vial of rum flavor, 500 g of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp Christstollen spice
- 30 g of fresh yeast
- 50 g of sugar
- 150 ml low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 250 g of low-fat quark
- 100 g of soft semi-fat butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 40 g chopped almonds
- a few drops of vegetable oil for a star baking dish
- 2 tsp powdered sugar for dusting
POINTS® value: 3 per slice
1. Roll the pears into small pieces. Heat the apple syrup, add the pears and simmer for about 1 minute. Add rum flavor. Cover for about 4 hours.
2. Put 490 g of flour, salt and Christstollen spice in a bowl. Press a depression in the middle. Crumble the yeast and mix in 1 teaspoon of sugar. Heat milk lukewarm. Pour over the yeast and mix with some flour to a mush. Cover in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Add egg, quark, half fat butter in pieces, oil and remaining sugar to the flour and process everything with the dough hook of the hand mixer to a smooth dough. Let the dough go for another 30 minutes.
4. Knead the pears and almonds under the dough. Brush a coated star mold (about 30 cm in diameter) with oil. Press the dough with floured hands into the mold. Let go again for about 20 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven at 200 ° C (gas: stage 2, circulating air: 160 ° C) on the middle rack for about 15 minutes, then the temperature to 180 ° C (gas: stage 2-3, circulating air: 160 ° C) bake for another 30-35 minutes.
5. Rest the studs in the mold for approx. 10 minutes. Then drop out of the mold and dust with powdered sugar. Let cool down.
Preparation time: approx. 30 minutes Marinating time: approx. 4 hours Walking time: approx. 60-65 minutes Baking time: approx. 45-50 minutes
Tip Let the lugs wrapped in aluminum foil rest for approx. 1-2 days before cutting so that they can develop their full aroma.