Sweating is vital for humans: that's why visiting the 85 to 100 ° C hot sauna in this country is more popular than ever. However, natural remedies from the far north often make serious mistakes that affect the success of "healthy action". We explain what you need to keep in mind when you go to the sauna - from showering through the best position in the sauna to the right cooling.
What should be considered when showering?
Since the exuding sweat also builds up the so-called acid mantle of the skin, medical experts recommend, before the visit to the steam cabin under the shower thoroughly with soap to clean, but afterwards the sweat only with bare water to rinse off.
Rules for the sauna
In the sweat booth, the visitor should spend at least eight, but better still twelve, but no more than 15 minutes in a lying position on the middle or higher level. Lying because it causes a uniform warming of the whole body. One sitting position should be taken one to two minutes before leaving the sauna.
Correct cooling after the sauna
Cooling is important after every sauna session. The process should best start with a cool air bath of two to five minutes. Then cold hose casts or flood showers, always starting at the hands and feet and gradually progressing to the middle of the body. This promotes the training of the blood vessels in the skin.
The cooling process can be accelerated by warm foot baths (up to 40 ° C, only ankle high). Because foot baths dilate the skin vessels which are constricted by the cold water and thus promote the removal of the excess heat via the capillaries of the skin. Thereafter, the sauna visitor should rest for twelve to 15 minutes on a lounger.
Contrary to popular belief, when used properly, the sauna will not put undue stress on the heart and circulation, despite the heat. Sauna is even specifically recommended for high-pressure patients in early stages.
9 mistakes you should avoid
- Never rushed or immediately after strenuous exercise in the sauna heat; there is a risk of circulatory problems.
- Always well dried in the sweat cabin, then sweat better.
- Avoid physical exertion in the heat. Already talking can overwork.
- Never during an acute viral infection in the sauna.
- Drink only after the sauna bath, otherwise the detoxification effect will be destroyed.
- Do not take a warm shower after the sweat bath, but always cold fonts. This supports the cooling effect.
- Absolutely avoid "after-sweating", even if there are warm pools or sweating rooms. It threatens circulatory overloads and infections.
- Cold foot baths after the sweat bath can cause vascular spasms.
- Gymnastics or swimming after the sauna delays cooling and promotes infection.