Homeopathy has been used as an alternative or supplement to classical medicine for more than 200 years. But homeopathy can not only be effective in humans, but can also be used in animals. Dogs, horses Cats & Co. can be treated with homeopathy in acute, but also in chronic diseases.
Homeopathy for the dog and other pets
Pet owners know the problem only too well. Hair loss, gastrointestinal problems, sprains, bruises as well as chronic complaints and other illnesses occur not only in humans, also animals are plagued by it.
As a gentle alternative to classical veterinary medicine, more and more pet owners resort to homeopathy with its numerous applications. Homeopathy is suitable for any species and follows the same rules that apply to the use of homeopathy in humans.
The guiding principle of homeopathy coined by Samuel Hahnemann, namely to cure the same with the same, is also the starting point for treatment when dealing with dogs, cats, horses or other animals.
Homeopathy is not only suitable for physical as well as emotional complaints. Many dog owners fall back on homeopathy, even if they want to change unwanted behavior of the dog. Here, homeopathy can be supportive of educational measures.
Globuli also for dogs
Homeopathic substances are also administered to dogs through solutions or globules. The globules are either dissolved in drinking water or placed directly in the lips. As with humans, dogs should not be given the globules immediately before or after meals to achieve the desired effect. Homoeopathic substances can also be injected by injection into dogs.
How do you find the right remedy?
Which remedy is the most appropriate and above all which potency is the right one for the complaints of the dog can be determined on the basis of a medical history by a veterinary practitioner or animal homeopath, or a veterinarian specialized in homeopathy.
Of course, this is not quite as easy with an animal as it is with a human being, since a dog, for example, can not express verbally where and what symptoms it has. However, a dog shows through its very nature possible changes. Has the drinking behavior changed, for example? Does the dog suddenly drink much more than usual or much less?
Also from the posture many symptoms can be derived. It is then important to know whether the dog has changed his behavior since an incident, such as an accident or after a bite from another dog, or if there is no direct trigger. The dog owner can collect together with the animal homeopath or veterinary practitioner all the change characteristics.
Homeopathy for dogs in acute situations
Homeopathy for dogs is also very popular among dog owners, because homeopathy can help to alleviate the pain even in acute cases or "emergency situations".
Keep in mind that homeopathy has its limits when the body is too weak to heal itself or when the dog suffers from a serious illness. Then you should always consult a veterinarian. Here you will find more information about the limitations and possibilities of homeopathy in dogs.
For cases that require no immediate conventional medical treatment, there are some substances in homeopathy, which have proven in typical complaints in dogs. These funds are listed below as a recommendation. However, this list can not replace the advice of an animal homeopath or veterinary practitioner.
Applications of homeopathy for dogs
In the following cases, homeopathic remedies are often used in dogs:
- To calm down: If you want to calm your dog before a visit to the vet, you can try this with the Rescue Remedy drops from the field of Bach flower remedies. The Rescue Remedy drops can also be used for all other situations in which the dog is afraid or restless. If the dog is terrified or shows restlessness during a fireworks display, such as on New Year's Eve, borax can provide relief.
- Injuries: For injuries of any kind, such as sprains, bruises or the like, the dog Arnica can be given for hemostasis. Arnica can also promote wound healing. For serious injuries, a veterinarian should first be consulted.
- Surgery: If surgery is required in a dog, homeopathy may be used concomitantly. Arnica is given the day before as well as the day after the operation, and two days before the operation can be given to a dog Phosphorus, which reduces the tendency to bleeding.
- Ticks: After pulling a tick, Belladonna is selected for dogs to prevent Lyme disease.
- Diarrhea or vomiting: Nux Vomica is used for upset stomach due to spoiled food, Okoubaka for diarrhea. If a dog has to break during long car rides, Cocculus is suitable. If it is suspected that the symptoms are triggered by something serious, such as poisoning or infection, you should first visit a veterinarian with the dog.