Homeopathy can also relieve dysphagia - assuming that you do not consume coffee and chamomile during this time. Depending on the type of difficulty swallowing different homeopathic remedies can help.
Homeopathy for difficulty swallowing
- For swallowing problems with severe sore throat in the initial stage, Mercurius solubilis (with dosage D 12) and Echinacea (D 1) are suitable homeopathic remedies. In the further course and with stronger complaints help Aconitum (D 12), Belladonna (D 30) or Mercurius cyanatus (D 12).
- Dysphagia associated with a feeling of constriction and sore throat can be treated with Apis (D12).
- Lachesis (D 12) should be taken for swallowing disorders located on the left side.
- Causticum D12 and Phosphorus are suitable homeopathic remedies to relieve dysphagia on food intake, relieve the sensation of having a sore throat. It is important, however, that both substances should not be taken at the same time, since they have negative interactions.
- If swallowing is more localized in the lower esophagus and upper abdomen, treatment with the substance yucca filamentosa (D6) may be helpful.
- In thyroid disorders, the Schüssler salt No. 14 potassium bromatum (D 12) has proven itself. It also helps against inflammation such as the pharyngitis, but also the gastritis. When taking potassium bromatum, only a small amount of saline should be taken, as this may reduce the effect of Schüssler's salt.