Hair needs protection from sunlight and other harmful influences. You should absolutely pay attention to this - not only during summer holidays:
- Protection from UV light: Whether cap or hat with a wide brim - the main thing is the hair splendor hiding from bright sunlight. Also popular are headscarves, which consist only of a triangle and not tied under the chin, but at the back of the head.
- Rinse hair: Whether in the sea or in chlorine water, after bathing your hair should be rinsed with fresh water. Salt crystals or aggressive chemicals are best removed. Then dry with a terry towel is cheaper than the rubbing, in which the hair rub against each other too much and roughen. Then do not forget the hat or the headscarf.
- Getting in shape: Foehn lotion applied before blow-drying envelops the hair like a film, providing protection against the hot air. For combing a coarse-toothed copy is cheaper than a fine comb or a brush. When "combing through" longer hair strands are best combed from bottom to top bit by bit - so you avoid hair balls that can be untangled only with difficulty. The hair will also be grateful if it is worn open from time to time, even in warm weather.
Protect the hair
In addition to these measures, care products help to protect the hair. On holiday, especially soft shampoos tailored to the hair type are indicated. They should contain mild washing-active substances (surfactants) and, if possible, do without dyes. Cheap are products that contain care substances for dry, damaged hair.
Another option is providing rinses. They also encase the hair like a film, which makes it easier to comb and is a little protected from external influences. Rinses are applied after washing on damp hair and immediately rinsed out.
So-called hair treatments contain even more care substances. They smooth the hair structure. Usually they have to act for a few minutes and then washed out again. Recently, there are also intensive treatments that act shorter, and those that remain in the hair.
Tip: For split ends, so attacked hair tips, apply the treatment only on the tips and do not wash out again. Thus, the active ingredients can act in a targeted manner.
What remedies are right for my hair?
- A shampoo with a blend of apricot and sea buckthorn fruit oil provides dry hair with fat and moisture, without letting it loll.
- For sensitive, chlorinated water-affected hair, a shampoo with wheat proteins can help. The wheat protein covers the hair, increasing its resistance and combability.
- If the hair has already suffered a bit, chamomile and Panamarinde are right. This "soap bark" is a particularly mild detergent, which is obtained from the bark of the evergreen tree.
- If the hair needs extra care, a hair treatment with rosemary and burdock root oil may be useful. It regenerates flaky scalp, improves the structure of brittle hair, provides dry hair and makes it shine again.
The intensive program
Last but not least, there are also special after-sun spa packs with repair effect. They usually contain similar active and caring substances such as rinses, smooth and wrap so damaged hair and make them shine again. However, a damaged hair structure can not be repaired from the ground up. It will be improved.
Colored hair needs special attention in summer. Dyeing means an intervention in the hair structure. Exertions such as salt or chlorine water and sunlight additionally cause problems for the hair. Special color rinses and cures should not only protect the hair and make it easier to comb, but also prevent fading. If the color needs to be refreshed, wait until after the holiday.
Home remedies for healthy hair
Incidentally, home remedies are also effective if the hair has gone through a lot: beer, egg yolk or an oil pack makes the hair surface smooth and shiny. Beer and egg yolk are massaged into damp hair and immediately rinsed out.
For a pack, for example, olive oil is gently rubbed into the hair and left there overnight. A shower cap or an old towel protects the bed linen. Then wash with a mild shampoo.
In addition, preparations for oral use provide the necessary strengthening and keeping the hair healthy from the inside - let your pharmacist advise you.
7 tips for proper hair care
- Use mild shampoos.
- Do not scrub your hair dry after washing with the towel.
- Use gentle, personalized hair care products.
- Long wash intervals protect your hair.
- Rinse the hair after each hair wash (and after each bath in chlorine or salt water) with copious, possibly cool water.
- Do not blow your hair too hot. The most gentle way is to dry the hair in the air.
- Use a comb with wide tines and smooth, rounded edges.