Body care for hemorrhoids
You can promote the healing process of the skin by using sitz baths, ointments or special toilet wipes soaked in camomile or witch hazel. Camomile and witch hazel have a calming effect. But natural skin care can also mean that your skin relaxes. Especially the thin anal skin should not be irritated too much and should find their way back to their proper acid mantle naturally.
5 tips for your butt:
- Only go to the bathroom if you feel the urge to do so. Everyone has their own rhythm. You do not necessarily have to go to the bathroom every day. Do not force the toilet.
- Avoid excessive pressure during bowel movements.
- Your chair should be sufficiently soft and firmly shaped.
- Use soft toilet paper to dab your butt gently after bowel movement.
- Do not use soap for anal use. This often irritates and causes eczema. Water is enough.
Your underwear should be breathable, absorbing moisture and keeping your skin breathless - that's why 100% cotton is your first choice. Synthetic fibers do not allow the skin to breathe, and lead to moisture congestion, which put additional strain on the tender skin in the anal area. Pay attention to the right detergent - it happens that certain ingredients cause allergies.
Help from the pharmacy
Medicines relieve the discomfort of enlarged hemorrhoids, but they do not cause them to shrink. Grades I hemorrhoids can be well treated with surface-deadening, disinfecting and anti-inflammatory drugs. These are available in the pharmacy as hemorrhoidal albums, suppositories or bath salts. Some herbal medicines are also suitable for treating hemorrhoids, but it should be kept in mind that they often do not work as fast as special chemical agents:
- Horse chestnut extract (in tablet form) has vascular sealing properties.
- Anti-inflammatory substances such as arnica or chamomile provide relief, for example as an additive in sitz baths.
- The extract of witch hazel (witch hazel) contains tannins, which contract the surface of the mucous membranes, which have an astringent effect. Hamamelis also has an anti-inflammatory effect and soothes the itching.