It does not always have to be mayo or ketchup. Fancy sauces and dips for grilled steak, baked potato and grated bread can be prepared in no time. Low-calorie dips and delicious spreads can be made on a quark, natural yoghurt, cream cheese or fruit / vegetable basis. Vinegar, mustard, honey, spices and fresh garden herbs are perfect for refining.
What can I do for you?
Sweet-sour, spicy, spicy or mild - every taste is possible.
- A particularly exotic liaison is mashed mango with curry, fresh grated ginger, coriander, salt, pepper, a little yoghurt, honey and lemon juice.
- If Indian is too hot, you can add an Italian coating to your steak with some tomato paste, yoghurt, a little garlic, salt, pepper and freshly chopped basil.
- Also horseradish-paprika sauce or a fiery chilli dip go well with grilled meat.
The dip with cottage cheese, some yoghurt and small pieces of red and yellow pepper are particularly colorful. A small chopped onion, chives, pepper, salt and garlic heartily round off the quark. Cooked carrots or steamed apples and onions are great as a base for a delicious spread.
Especially for owners of a blender or blender preparing a variety of pastes and dips is no problem at all. If you do not have electrical kitchen utensils at hand, you can cut the cooked vegetables finely or crush them with a fork. In order to keep it really low in calories, you should look for low-fat products when buying quark, natural yoghurt and cream cheese.
Ideal for dipping
A delicious dip is not only the culmination of every baked potato, but also with crunchy raw food a party hit. Cucumbers, carrots, radishes, celery and peppers are - cut on pencils - ideal for dipping. This is how the barbecue turns into a delicious 5-a-day party.
Here are two quick dips to make yourself:
- Herbal dip for vegetables: A quick dip can easily be made by stirring 1 cup of sour cream with a packet of frozen salad herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Napoletana dip: Mix 150 grams of cottage cheese, two tablespoons of mayonnaise and one teaspoon of mustard. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in a tin of tomato paste. Finally, finely chop a garlic clove, 1/2 chili pepper and two tablespoons of basil and stir in the mixture.