If the spring sun laughs on dusty bookshelves through dirty windows, it can affect the positive spring feelings. The means against it: scrubber, mop, window leather & Co. - and a song on the lips. Before you rush whistling into the crowd of the Wollmäuse, you should follow the following tips. So you avoid being one of the 5.4 million Germans who suffer year after year in their own homes.
- Wear functional clothing: no wide sleeves, loose apron ribbons, tie-downs on hoods, etc. They are easy to hang on.
- Pay attention to good footwear: The ideal slipper has a good outsole, is flat and encloses the foot. Run-through slippers or high-heeled pumps are unsuitable for balancing on ladders or running on damp floors.
- Do not climb on windowsills!
- If possible, only clean windows from the inside, ie out of the room. If the outside of the window is difficult to reach, use a long handle or a special tool. The outside of the window sill is taboo as a platform!
- Empty the windowsill before cleaning.
- Chairs and stools are suitable for sitting, not for putting on! Stable kicks, step ladders and ladders can be identified by the GS test seal (stands for "tested safety").
- Banish buckets, scrubbers and cleaning agents at the edge of the cleaning process - in the middle of the path they become dangerous tripping hazards. This is especially true when the staircase is to be cleaned.
- Immediately lift everything that has fallen off. Wipe off grease and water: danger of slipping!
- Have you installed enough power outlets? Extension cables running across the apartment are not to be underestimated stumbling blocks. Otherwise, switch several extension cables in a row, which you can lead along the edge of the room. And just change the outlet more often.
- Keep cleaners, sanitary cleaners and other household chemicals away from small children. Poisoning!
- Do not do ten things at once, but rather one after the other. Take enough time for the spring cleaning. It makes sense to make a schedule beforehand, which provides enough breaks.
If you make room by room (instead of action for action such as cleaning the windows or shelf dusting) you have the advantage of having made something visible, even if you leave the mood for spring cleaning in the short term despite mood music.