Our digestion has a huge impact on our well-being. A very important role is played by the intestine. He is active day and night to process our food, to provide the body with important nutrients and to protect the organism from pathogens. He usually does all this work in such a way that we do not even notice him. The central importance of the intestine for our well-being, we notice only when he gets out of balance - and makes the digestive unpleasant to attract attention. The causes of the occurrence of such complaints are very different - as well as the specific impact on those affected. In any case, well-being and quality of life are noticeably impaired.
Fiber - indispensable for healthy digestion!
A balanced diet with lots of fiber is the key to a controlled digestion. Because these indigestible nutrients fulfill an important function in the intestine. Their ability to bind water swells the fibers in the intestine, pressure the intestinal mucosa and trigger digestive activity. Fiber is mainly found in whole grains. But also fruits, vegetables and legumes are among the most important suppliers.
Unfortunately, in the context of modern, often time-constrained diets, these foods are far too rare on the diet. If a diet is low in fiber then it will make our digestion harder: the contents of the intestine will lose volume and moisture. An irregular digestion can be the result. In order to create the conditions for a regular digestion, a balanced diet should contain one thing above all else: fiber!
Constipation and constipation
Constipation and constipation are not only the most common, but also the most unpleasant indigestion. The intestinal contents are so hardened that it has very little volume and no longer stimulates the intestinal walls sufficiently for proper movement. The result: The digestion comes to a standstill and the emptying of the intestine is considerably more difficult.
Even with constipation, an unbalanced, low-fiber diet is the most common cause of the symptoms. In addition, stress and overstrain in everyday life, lack of exercise and too low fluid intake can be responsible for the emergence of the problems. If a constipation is present, a subsequent intake of fiber does not always lead to the desired success.
In order to solve the constipation in the short term, but at the same time gentle, the hard, dried out chair is best supplied with liquid in order to get the natural digestion going again. Here it must be prevented that the body otherwise uses the liquid before the arrival in the large intestine.
The intestinal flora: highly effective - and highly sensitive
A healthy intestinal flora is an important guarantee for health and well-being. Because in the intestinal mucosa live billions of beneficial bacteria that treat our food, produce important nutrients and actively support the immune system. Due to certain influences - such. As diarrhea, constipation or the intake of drugs - but it can lead to an increased degradation of these "good" bacteria in the intestine .The result: the digestive system is overloaded, often you feel even dull and knocked off.
Since these signs are rather unspecific, they are not associated with the intestinal flora by many affected people. Therefore, especially after extraordinary stress on the digestive system, one should pay attention to the signals of the body - and take timely measures to keep the intestinal flora in balance.
What else can you do for a healthy digestion
- Drink a lot: To ensure a smooth digestion, you should drink at least one and a half liters of fluid per day. The most suitable is mineral water.
- Chew slowly and thoroughly: Well-minced food in the stomach can be sufficiently mixed with gastric juices - an important preparation for easy digestion in the intestine.
- Get your bowels set for a steady rhythm: The bowel can often be "educated" in such a way that it announces itself at a certain time of the day - ideally after the breakfast. A large glass of water on an empty stomach stimulates the intestines and ensures that the digestive porridge is transported on. In addition, take plenty of time for a healthy, high-fiber breakfast - and then treat yourself to half an hour's rest. And do not worry - because stress in the morning blocks the intestines!
- Move sufficiently: Do not forget about physical activity. Exercise is like a massage for the intestine. Walking, gymnastics, cycling and swimming can keep your bowels fit.
- Help from the pharmacy: With various products from the pharmacy you can balance your stomach and intestines in a gentle and effective way. Ask your pharmacist about this.