In diseases of the liver, a healthy and wholesome diet makes an important contribution to the health and the course of the disease. As long as the liver does its job, no restrictive dietary measures are needed. Previously propagated liver diets or a Leberschonkost are no longer used.
Only when complications and functional limitations of the liver cell tissue occur can certain nutritional measures be necessary, but these must be determined individually in consultation with the attending physician and a nutritionist. Particular care should be taken to avoid malnutrition, as it may have a negative effect on the clinical picture.
Sources and reading recommendations:
- Hepatitis & nutrition. Hrsg. Competence Network Hepatitis (Hep-Net)
- Guide for the liver patient with guidelines for nutrition. Hrsg. DR. FALK PHARMA GmbH
- Guide for patients with chronic liver disease. Hrsg .: Working group "Hepatology" of the professional association established gastroenterologist (BNG)
- Liver diseases - the right diet. Ed .: Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Frankfurt
- Müller SD, Bahnsen B, Pütz K: Delicious food for the liver and bile. Midena-Verlag