Electrosmog refers to artificially generated electrical, magnetic and electromagnetic fields. They are caused by power and high-voltage lines, transmission towers, but also by electrically operated devices. Our natural world consists of earth, air and water and weak, electric and magnetic fields. In a lightning storm, strong magnetic fields develop. With the hair dryer, which many people fear, among other things, because of its headache effect, alternating electric fields of up to 350 kHz are generated. But nature obeys the law of pause - man-made electromagnetic pollution radiates around the clock. An apartment without electric light, a household without technical helpers, a life without a telephone is inconceivable today. Due to the explosive increase of artificially generated electromagnetic fields, the invisible "pollution" of natural radiation has long since risen in rank many times over. The Electrosmog Regulation sets limits for the industry. But no one today can say exactly what consequences the area-wide electrification will have for us.
"Wellensalat" is not equal to "Wellensalat"
Electrosmog distinguishes between low-frequency magnetic fields, low-frequency electric fields and high-frequency fields. Low-frequency magnetic fields emanate, for example, from microwaves, televisions and high-voltage cables, but also from fuse boxes. Examples of low-frequency electrical fields include vacuum cleaners, reading lamps or waterbeds. In the field of high frequency include mobile phones, cordless phones, television and radio stations and, for example, a leaky microwave oven.
The limits of low and high frequency are fluid. Example: In professional circles, mobile radio is referred to as "pulsed electromagnetic radiation". This means that the information is transmitted "chopped". And that's 217 times a minute. As a result, the electromagnetic field is exposed to constant change. The result is a mixture of high frequency and low frequency radiation. The phenomenon of electrical devices interfering with each other has been noted by each of us before. But they can also be sensitive to the human organism, which reacts like an antenna to the electromagnetic environment.
How many electrical appliances can a person tolerate?
The matter of electrosensitivity Our body is capable of conducting and suffering! Many experts believe that electromagnetic fields can negatively affect human and animal health. Allegedly, 15 percent of all people are sensitive to electrosmog. But research here still moves on thin ice and comes in many cases to inconsistent results. And every person reacts differently to electrosmog.
Health status and nutrition also play a role here. Sleep disorders, nervousness, headaches, cardiovascular complaints, and impotence can be the result of an excessive electrical environment. If you feel you are affected, you can have an electrobiological examination performed by an environmental pharmacy.
Precautions for electrosensitive
- When sleeping, make sure you are in an environment that is free of interference, especially at night. Only a few electrical appliances in the bedroom (eg TV, radio alarm clock)! This should also promote the quality of sleep.
- Disconnect the power plug from equipment that you do not use often.
- Avoid a "festival lighting".
- When purchasing a new electrical appliance, find out about the "interference radiation". This is especially true for computers and televisions.
- If necessary, replace old electrical appliances and buy low-radiation new ones!