Eating and drinking are basic needs of every human being. We usually eat several times a day from us preferred food and meals. With the nutrients it contains, we feed our body and mind. But eating is much more than just taking in nutrients. For us, food means quality of life, gives us pleasure and pleasure and has to do with all aspects of enjoyment.
What does my eating behavior look like?
Before you get more involved with the art of enjoyable food, take a little time and self-critically answer the following questions:
- How many meals do you take each day?
- How much time do you take per meal?
- Do you prepare the meals yourself?
- Do you mainly use fresh produce or are you more likely to use finished products?
- Do you sometimes cook with your partner or the whole family?
- How often do you try new dishes or dishes?
- How often do you eat with the family?
- Make sure that the table is nicely set and has a pleasant atmosphere?
- How often do you watch the TV while eating?
Enjoy with all your senses
By enjoyment we mean a positive sense sensation that goes hand in hand with physical and mental well-being. While enjoying at least one of our sensory organs is addressed. We enjoy the sight of a beautiful art object, we listen eagerly to an opera aria. With culinary delights even all our senses play a role. Seeing, touching, listening, tasting and smelling all contribute to making eating and drinking a pleasure.
A good meal is determined not only by the quality of the food, but also by the way in which it is presented. In addition to the delicious preparation of the dishes, the food includes, among other things, the decoration, table manners and rituals. Everything together makes up the food culture.