Some parents swear on cloth diapers, others on their disposable variants. But which is the best diaper for babies Popo? For about three years, children wear diapers, in recent years, rather longer. In newborns they must be changed up to eight times a day, later about five times. Over the "winding years" come together easily between 6, 000 and 8, 000 diaper change. And they weigh a lot: Every baby produces an average of a ton of disposable diaper garbage, Stiftung Stiftung Warentest has determined. Reason enough to think about the packaging of his offspring extensively.
Disposable diaper or reusable diaper?
A diaper should above all one thing: Keep the baby's bottom as dry as possible. In the damp and warm diaper milieu, bacteria and fungi can easily settle and multiply - a sore butt or a fungal infection is the annoying and painful consequence. A plus for the disposable diapers, say their advocates. Because now they absorb liquid well and bind them inside. In cloth diapers, the climate is often moister, but the natural materials allow more air to the skin and - so the proponents of reusable diapers - does the delicate baby skin well.
Experts recommend sensitive and allergy-prone children the cotton alternative. However, then consistently and often the diaper must be changed. In many cases, a sensitive butt will also help you to try out the disposable diapers of another supplier.
By the way: The reusable diaper also holds a medical plus: Some newborns come with a malposition of the hip (hip dysplasia) on the world. Orthopaedists then recommend a wide wrapping technique, which can help in mild cases and replace a Spreizhose. It is also often said that the changing time of cloth diapers is reduced by about half a year - because the child perceives the wetness more consciously. No matter what diaper - give your child's butt again and again time in the fresh air: Have your baby often kicking naked in a warm room on a blanket or under a heat lamp.
Nappy service and winding calculator
Who wants to use reusable diapers, but has no time or desire to clean, which helps a diaper service - information is available at the Association of diaper services. Here you will also find a winding calculator that determines the cost of disposable and reusable individually.
Decision aids for the diaper purchase
Should the wrapping system be fast and convenient? Cost a little? Is ecological compatibility one of the most important criteria? A priority list helps to decide on baby's ideal packaging.
- Are fast and easy to handle.
- Are convenient for traveling or outings.
- Keep the baby drier.
- Lie flat and do not hinder the baby while kicking, crawling or running.
- Can be disposed of in residual waste.
- Cause running costs.
- The child gets little incentive to change from the diaper to the potty.
- It is only partially known which substances are used in the production process.
- The child may get used to the potty faster.
- Make a thick Windelpo, but if necessary support the development of the hip.
- When winding, a little more exercise and a few more steps are needed.
- Must be washed, dried, sorted and put away.
- The basic equipment is more expensive, then the costs are lower.
- Can absorb less liquid.
- Are not everywhere and are difficult to clean on holiday.
- Nursing services are not yet subject to any binding hygiene regulations, so they are not controlled by the authorities.