With the beginning of a pregnancy, a new phase of life begins, an exciting time begins. In addition to the joy of being pregnant, however, there are often uncertainties or doubts as to how best to behave during pregnancy for the benefit of his unborn baby. A variety of brochures especially for pregnant women gives advice on topics such as nutrition, health and well-being. The pregnancy checklist should serve as a guide.
Pregnant - what do you have to consider now?
Pregnancy creates new life. For about 40 weeks, the baby develops in the womb - a time that is usually accompanied by different emotional states of the pregnant woman. Of course, every woman wants an uncomplicated and harmonious pregnancy, but often they are also plagued by doubt as to whether she really behaves properly. After all, pregnant women do not want to go wrong.
Many fairy tales are still circulating about what you are allowed to do when you're pregnant and what's not. Most of this advice is outdated, but pregnant women can do something good for themselves and their baby if they follow the points below.
Especially on the subject of nutrition during pregnancy, the rumor persists that a pregnant woman must eat portions for two. In fact, there is a higher energy requirement in pregnancy than before, but it only equates to about 250 - 500kcal per day. Feasting in the extent remains so even during pregnancy not without consequences. A balanced diet with a balance of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and vitamins can positively support the growth and development of a baby.
Checklist nutrition in pregnancy:
- Balanced diet with fresh fruits and vegetables
- Calcium as well as vitamin D can promote the bones of a baby
- Most important vitamin in the first weeks of pregnancy: folic acid
- Vitamin C for strengthening the immune system
- Raw meat, raw fish and raw milk products are best avoided because of the increased risk of toxoplasmosis
- Abandonment of white and blue cheese because of the possible risk of listeriosis
- Coffee and cola best decaffeinated enjoy (up to 300mg of caffeine per day in pregnancy, according to nutrition experts, however, classified as harmless)
Throw habits overboard
If you are pregnant, you usually do not have to turn your life around 180 °. However, there are vices or habits that should be taken as early as possible during a pregnancy in favor of the baby and its development. These include classic stimulants such as alcohol and nicotine, as both represent increased risk factors for the well-being of a baby. Delayed growth, damage to the brain and organs can be the result. Nicotine, alcohol and other drugs can lead to malformations and a miscarriage of a baby.
Checklist habits in pregnancy:
- Total abandonment of drugs
- Complete renunciation of so-called stimulants such as alcohol and nicotine
- Take medication only after consulting the doctor
- No diet and no fasting during pregnancy
- Do not do physically heavy work
- Do not lift heavily
- Intensive dental care (as of the 4th month, teeth are more prone to tooth decay than before)
Totally happy with sports and exercise
Regular exercise is good for well-being, even during pregnancy. In addition, it can reduce stress, which is very important in a pregnancy. Those who do not experience any complications during their pregnancy can choose the sport they like. However, not recommended are sports with increased risk of falling, such as skiing or inline skating. Exercise during pregnancy must never lead to physical over-exertion.
Checklist Sports and Exercise in Pregnancy:
- Ideally suited to relaxation exercises
- Special offers for pregnant women, such as yoga, water aerobics, dancing
- Beware of sports with increased risk of falling
- Beware of ball sports (such as handball, basketball or beach volleyball)
- Under no circumstances stress the straight abdominal muscles
The pregnancy checklist is intended as a guide to a pregnancy without complications. For complaints during pregnancy and questions about individual behaviors, the gynecologist and the midwife can provide binding information.