Apple cider vinegar is a cheap home remedy for the skin and hair. As a rinse, peeling or tonic the vinegar helps against pimples and blemishes as well as greasy hair, dandruff and itchy scalp. Here you will find information on the effects of apple cider vinegar and tips for its use for shiny hair and beautiful skin.
Beautiful skin: apple cider vinegar against pimples
When it comes to skincare, apple cider vinegar is considered to be a miracle weapon for pimples, blackheads and oily and impure skin: the fruit acid it contains is designed to refine skin pores, reduce sebum production and kill the bacteria in the skin. In addition, this vinegar is said to promote blood circulation, whereby the skin is toned and revitalized.
Treatment of skin problems
Not only skin blemishes can be treated with apple cider vinegar. Its anti-inflammatory effect is also referred to in connection with skin rash, razor burn and psoriasis.
In addition, apple cider vinegar is very dehydrating. Therefore, it can help with skin fungus, for example, to dab the affected areas with the vinegar. For athlete's foot, a quarter of an hour's footbath helps. For this purpose, the apple cider vinegar should be diluted in the ratio 1: 4.
For the treatment of warts it is often recommended to rub the affected area with apple cider vinegar or to stick a cotton ball soaked in the vinegar with a plaster on it. Morning and evening, the cotton ball is changed. The aim is that the warts through the acid contained in the vinegar dry out and fall off over time.
However, it is warned that the surrounding skin is attacked by the apple cider vinegar, which can lead to eczema and rash. Therefore, you should better carry out such treatment only in consultation with a doctor.
7 tips for the application on the skin
The following should be considered when using apple cider vinegar on the skin:
- To refine the pores, a face lotion made of diluted apple cider vinegar is suitable. It is dabbed onto the skin after cleansing the face and is not rinsed off.
- Also, a steam bath with hot water and apple cider vinegar opens and cleanses the pores.
- Only with very greasy and insensitive skin should you dab apple cider vinegar on individual pimples, as the acid dries out the skin.
- Regularly drunk apple cider vinegar can prevent by its detoxifying effect of the blockage of pores.
- Apple cider vinegar is also suitable as a bath additive because it stabilizes the pH of the skin. A glass of apple cider vinegar per tub helps against dry and itchy skin.
- For sensitive skin or very strong acne you should prefer to refrain from the treatment with apple cider vinegar.
- If the treatment with apple cider vinegar causes swelling or if the skin turns red, the vinegar may not be tolerated and the doctor should carry out an allergy test.
Instructions for a peeling with apple cider vinegar
A scrub with apple cider vinegar cleanses the skin and gently frees it from dead skin dandruff. This simple guide shows how it works:
- Soak a terry towel in warm water and place it on your face for a few minutes to open your pores.
- Fill a bowl with half a liter of warm water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and dip a thin cloth into it.
- Lay the cloth over the face and the wet towel over it. Remove the towels after about five minutes.
- Wash the face with warm water and gently wipe it off with the warm terry towel.
- Rinse your face with water again and dab it dry.
Recipes for shiny hair without dandruff
Apple cider vinegar is also a popular home remedy for hair and scalp care. In a conditioner, it can help to remove the remainders of care products and close the cuticle of the hair so that they shine again and are easier to comb. But also against dandruff and itching of the scalp and to lighten the hair, the vinegar is used. By the way: do not be afraid of the smell - this will disappear after drying.
Here are a few tips for hair care with apple cider vinegar:
- For greasy hair and itchy scalp: Dilute some apple cider vinegar with the same amount of water and massage the mixture into the scalp before shampooing. The vinegar stimulates the circulation and cleanses the glands of the scalp of the tallow, which degreases it. Its pH-neutral effect simultaneously helps against itchy scalp.
- Prevent Dandruff: A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in shampoo can help prevent dandruff.
- Conditioner for more shine: To make a conditioner, put two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. Thoroughly rinse the conditioner after three to five minutes.
- Brighten hair: By washing with apple cider vinegar regularly, the hair slowly gets lighter. Once a week after washing, pour some diluted cider vinegar (1: 1 ratio) into the hair and let the vinegar soak for 15 minutes before rinsing it thoroughly.
With these tips, apple cider vinegar can easily be used to make a cheap remedy for beautiful skin and healthy hair.