Tired of sitting in the office for a long time? Tensions caused by one-sided stress? So it does not get that far - just do four short exercises. Health and well-being at the workplace are important prerequisites for our performance. To really do a good job, you have to feel good in your body. You can also make a significant contribution yourself.
That's the way it should be: functional and ergonomic, clean and friendly - that protects your health and boosts motivation and performance. The fact is: Sitting over a long period of time is often associated with headache and back pain or neck tension, especially for people who have to sit for many hours professionally. Around 85% of all Germans suffer from back pain at least once in their lives. And in addition to a wrong posture often lies in the environment that does not do justice to the spine and the joints.
Ergonomically correct desks and office chairs, which adapt to the shape of the spine and give it a good grip, are therefore important. The height of the seat, the table top and the chair back should meet the body dimensions. If you bend your arms 90 ° in an upright sitting position, you should be able to place your forearms comfortably on the table top. The upper and lower legs should also form an angle of 90 degrees or more. The feet must touch the ground. The individual distance between eyes and screen, keyboard and template should be between 50 to 70 cm. It is also good for the back and spine to change the sitting position more frequently.
Good light and good air, protection against heat, cold and noise are important prerequisites to make you feel comfortable at work.
- The indoor climate should have an air temperature between 21 and 23 degrees C and a relative humidity of between 40% and 65%.
- Noise and heat radiation from eg computer, printer, scanner or copier should not disturb the work.
- The noise level in the office room must not exceed the recommended maximum 55 dB (A) for high-concentration work.
- Dry air damages the mucous membranes, therefore it is necessary to ensure sufficient (natural) moisture.
Those who work in a concentrated manner also need periods of relaxation. Several short breaks are more effective than a long one - this has been noted in scientific research.
This will release tension in five minutes
Heavy shoulders and tired back from sitting at the desk for a long time? Targeted exercises increase well-being in the workplace in only five minutes and solve persistent tensions.
- Office Gymnastics: 9 exercises for more exercise in the office
- How indoor plants purify room air
- Fit at work